- Wait until you have a lot of clothes to wash before using the washing machine.
- The media should tell us about what is really going on with global warming. We don't think that we have all the information we need.
- Place recycling bins throughout the city wherever there is a trash can.
- Protect our oceans - prevent plankton in the ocean from dying.
- Enforce laws about littering.
- Include global warming/climate change in school curricula (as part of National Science Standards), so when the students are in charge they can make educated decisions.
- Make recycling mandatory in all public facilities, such as schools, parks and beaches.
- The media should conduct interviews of legislators to help the public become aware of their ability and willingness to help solve the problem.
- Protect wetlands and preserve more open space.
- Require that car dealers hand out fact sheets that inform car buyers about the pollution levels of different cars.
I really can't believe this stuff. It's very hard for me to believe that these children have any idea what the Kyoto Accords actually mean. Or that they understand the mechanics of "hybrid" vehicles. It's also curious nobody mentions nuclear power. I also fail to understand the connection between littering, laundry, and global warming. Sure, styrofoam has CFC's, but I don't remember the last time I used a styrofoam cup. And it's hard to believe that all those evil styrofoam cups that are out there are doing more damage than, say, Chinese coal plants (and to the Chinese' credit, they're building enormous hydroelectric plants). Laundry? I'm terrified of any suggestion to kids that they clean their festering corpses less frequently than they already do.
Maybe they should stop using all that evil toilet paper, and instead recycle the aluminum foil they routinely throw out. Or get a fucking bidet or something. For fuck's sake.
It's just so fucking typical of the bedwetting leftist crowd. Oh my god! Sky falling! Build giant government apparatus to protect us all from the evil sky! Oh dear, oh heavens!!
The government is not a social service. It's not here to make sure everyone's ass get wiped, it's here to run the country. And running the country does not mean picking up the pieces after you fucked up your life. Or fixing the planet after you fucked it up.
Fucking whiny pissant bitches.