- Tooth and Nail, Craig Dilouie
- Z1N1: The Zombie Pandemic, Mitchell Layne Cook
- Blind Man's Bluff: The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage, Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew
- The Bluejackets' Manual, US Navy (1950 printing)
- An Army at Dawn, Rick Atkinson
- It Doesn't Take a Hero, Normal Schwarzkopf
- My American Journey, Colin Powell
A few of these were gifts. The zombie stuff is kind of a guilty pleasure – I loved World War Z. Sadly, I've not been making much progress lately on reading, having gotten stuck on Johannes Cabal the Necromancer. It's a good book, but I just haven't been too motivated to finish it (which is really my fault, not the book's).